Reports to the Project Manager
Ford Construction Company Inc., a heavy civil engineering general contractor, is seeking a Project Engineer. This is a full time position. Compensation is based on qualifications, with generous benefits.
Supports estimating and jobsites with all activities including document control, communication with clients, inspectors, subcontractors, and vendors.
Duties for estimating and operations departments:
- Interprets plans and specifications
- Assist estimating including take offs and obtaining subcontractor quotes
- Preparation, tracking and communication of all project documents including RFI’s, Submittals, and Change Orders
- Ordering material and coordinating trucks for deliveries, if necessary
- Material ordering, tracking costs and quantities
- Coding material receivers for payment
- Schedule material deliveries
- USA permit initiation and renewal
- OSHA notifications for starting work
- Schedule/coordinate subcontractors and material suppliers
- Project schedule updates
- SWPPP compliance
- Invoice coding and approval
- Project close out, warranties, O&M manuals, asbuilts, etc.
- Prior California employment in a similar position, trade or education in civil construction
- Knowledge of blueprint interpretation
- Able to interpret project plans, specifications, and contracts
- Working knowledge of geometry and basic trigonometry
- Experience with computer equipment and software; Excel, Agtek 4D, HCSS Heavy Bid. Scheduling software; MS Projects, Primavera
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Work overtime as needed
- Ability to communicate logically and professionally both in writing and orally
- Highly motivated and hard-working
- Fluent in the English language
- Commitment to an injury free work place
Ford Construction Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require a pre-employment drug test, and a valid drivers’ license, including a clean driving record. Upon employment, new hires are required to sign our confidentiality agreement. All positions are at will employment.